design prototype includes floppy

Yeah, that can't be right. But I do hear the next Mac will use tape drives instead of harddrives. That way, people will stop complaining about the noise of the fans in their Macs.

Slow, loud, and expensive. About on the same level as 3.5" disks, really, which are slow, loud, and and can't hold anything.

Tape drives can hold a lot though ;)
The last time I saw a tape back up it was a tiny little thing that could hold 18GB ;)

Yo dudes. That picture is of an old Mac SE that has been tweaked to look like the Rev. A iMac.

As for tape drives, the DLT4000 and aboves are faster than IDE hard drives. The only thing is, they're meant for streaming backups. Meaning that they run from start to finish and write the data. They aren't meant to really be accessed continually.

-Jim

At one point, tape drives were considered for such a thing (take the Coleco Adam, for example). That's the point, though. Using a tape drive that way would be slow.

Actually it has a slot loading LP/LD drive for all your Audio AND visual needs!

It sports a dual optical eye so you dont need to remove and flip the laserdisk ! It contintues to work flawlessly! Furthermore it comes with super dupper karaoke software and an XLR input for a microphone!

You cant go wrong with this model ;)

Sorry, the RIAA outlawed 8-track after they found out that it lets you actually own music. Instead they're coming out with a new pay per play system called Divx8.:p

I'm NOT interested in expensive Powerbooks and Ibooks upgrades if there is nothing new to tell. Today I went to my Apple store and I saw anything except these computers.

Pst!
RacerX! There is a bootled 8track r/w/x drive for macs ;) It has a side loading mechanism like the floppies on SparcStations he he he ;)

Originally posted by Matrix Agent
Sorry, the RIAA outlawed 8-track after they found out that it lets you actually own music. Instead they're coming out with a new pay per play system called Divx8.:p

That was their old plan. Now they want you to pay a licensing fee for humming the tune, although they have a discount price if you're like me and can only remember one line from the song and just keep repeating that.

Mabey with the recent economic coditions Apple is trying to covince prospective buyers that they are the more sensable choice, rather than the most far out or different choice.

I've bought my USB keyboard in the shop next to the Apple shop and I'm actually using a 900 MHZ Athlon. (There is a firewall, so You can't see it.) I only need a usefull computer, You can find new Imacs and G4towers in the shop but outside You can have used computers for nothing. For typing stuff, I don't need something special. On the other hand, for my graduate in informatics I needed a Toshiba with 32 MB ram, 4.3 GB HD and a 475 MHZ cpu. AS my internet computer it strugled with memory. On my laptop I can't use the helpfunctions, and applications had to be reprogrammed, and on my internetcomputer I need rebooting and it is very noicy(not for a PC) but cheap and usefull. Don't forget to follow the latest news. ciao from Belgium

Back