Desk top problem!

sbsb

Registered
Just dropped about 370mb of photos onto the desktop instead of iphoto, now desktop has stopped working - I cant highlight anything or open anything in the bar at the top, how can I sort this out?

If the Finder is in a loop, that wouldn't work, I guess. But! You can open the Terminal, maybe, and do this (hit the "return" or "enter" key after every line, don't type the -> and the stuff in parantheses):

-> cd Desktop (brings you to the Desktop folder)
-> mkdir the_pictures
-> mv DSC* the_pictures (assuming all pictures' names start with DSC, if it's something else, use that...)

Then hit Cmd-Opt-Shift-Esc to bring up the little window which lets you restart the Finder and, well, restart the Finder. That should do the trick – and all your photos should be inside that new folder called "the_pictures" now.

sorry, not sure what you mean? - do I need to do this by restarting and holding down "apple s"?

Yes This Will Work Just Replace The Dsc* With 1-* Or If You Have No Other .jpg's On Your Desktop You Could Replace The Dsc* With *jpg* The Second Option Will Be Better If You Don't Have Any Other Pictures On The Desktop That You Mind Being Moved To That Folder.

if you are not firmilular with teminal just copy and paste the following inside the quotes one at a time in the command line.

cd Desktop

mkdir the_pictures

mv *jpg* the_pictures

then restart. good luck

Back