desktop is locked

sourmash

Registered
Somehow my desktop has become locked every time I try to move an app. onto it or delete or rename an icon it tells me the desktop cannot be modified.Sometimes it asks me for an administrative name and password but when I enter it nothing happens.This is my kids account so it is not an administrative account.I dont know if that makes a diifference.

You probably set up a limited user account for your child so he/she cannot modify the computer. You'll have to upgrade the account to Admin to be able to move files.

Somehow my desktop has become locked every time I try to move an app. onto it or delete or rename an icon it tells me the desktop cannot be modified....
If you want to modify the Desktop and other features of your child's restricted account, then you must first raise the account's privileges from within your Administrative account. You don't need to give the account Administrative privileges; just make it a regular account. Then log back into your child's account to make the changes you want. Then return to your Administrative account to change your child's account back to a restricted account.

Back