desktop randomizer

For some reason my desktop (G4 dual 500 mhz) will refuse to fade between pictures on the desktop (change picture every 5 sec.). Instead, it will just abubtly switch. I tried it out on my ibook, and it fades perfectly between pictures. Why is it that my ibook will fade background images while my desktop computer will not? Both comptuers are running OS X 10.2.1 (clean install). Is there something wrong with my desktop?

ah. so i see that i don't have quartz extreme. is it possible to get quartz extreme on this computer? G4 dual 500 mhz?

Originally posted by ichadsey
For some reason my desktop (G4 dual 500 mhz) will refuse to fade between pictures on the desktop (change picture every 5 sec.). Instead, it will just abubtly switch.
:eek:

My Mac has "crashed" several times after having gone into energy-saving mode.

The new screensaver option in Jaguar is excellent, and it clicks in nicely after a few minutes if inactivity. However, on a number of occasions, I have left the machine on, it first goes into screensaver mode and then goes to sleep after about 30 minutes. When I try to wake the machine up, I find it has frozen - a message tells me that I should shut down or use the reset switch - I can do nothing else: one of the screensaver images stays frozen in the background.

I use a Cube 450 with 384meg of RAM. System 10.2 is [clean] installed on a partition of 5Gb. There is approximately 1Gb of free space on the X partition. Classic (9.2.2) remains on a second partition from before. I have two other data partitions. Internet is usually on permanently - ADSL via a Speedtouch USB modem.

The computer apparently stalls after the system screensaver becomes activated and the after entering "sleep" mode and Classic is off.

Anyone else experienced this problem? and what I can do about it?

TIA.

Back