Desktops...

Hey! i remember, when i 1st came to the board, and there was a cool thread with nice desktop pictures in, now how about it?!
NeYo

I keep switching between this colorful, "Aqua-fied," eye-candy-ish scheme and a more monotone, graphite, sterile theme... I'm in a colorful mood today.

Attachments

• eldiabloconqueso.jpg
    eldiabloconqueso.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 185
Hehe... YUP! Don't worry, I catch hell 90% of the time for that. I guess my Apple-MS experience has been a lot more positive than most other people. Maybe I've just gotten lucky, but Office rocks on my machine and IE is the most stable and fastest browser out of any of the ones I've tried. Plus the MSN/AIM is only to communicate with friends, and until Fire! supports firewalls, I'm screwed unless someone can turn me on to another do-it-all-chat application that can support a firewall/proxy.

people make fun of me for having a picture of a computer on my computer...

Attachments

• mydesktop.jpg
    mydesktop.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 164
Here's my desktop...nothing special really...I'm still trying to learn OS X and how to really customize it...

For some reason I'm terrified to use the Terminal...I don't even know how to begin once I open it up...any tips on how to get started using it? (I really wanted to change my trash icon...but from reading your FAQ here I'm afraid I'll end up launching a nuclear missle if I mistype a command)

Also, I tried to fit in my finder toolbar at the bottom of the screen...do any of you suggest anything with how to set it up?

It's so weird that I'm starting all over again and learning a new OS...I had just mastered OS 9 when I decided I should make the switch now before I was left behind...

Attachments

• mydesktop.jpg
    mydesktop.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 135
Here is my primary system running Solaris 7 in VPC5.

Attachments

• macosx-solaris.jpg
    macosx-solaris.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 143
And here is the my secondary system. I use it less than my Mac OS X system and my Rhapsody ThinkPad, but it is the next most used desktop system I have. :D

Attachments

• sgi-indy.jpg
    sgi-indy.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 116
Don't let anyone tell you GT3 is cheesy! ;)

A Relaxing Moment of Zen
(Don't forget to note who's playing in iTunes... Very calming.

Attachments

• momentofzen.jpg
    momentofzen.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 119
Originally posted by twyg
A Relaxing Moment of Zen

Hey twyg, Haiku is my second favorite desktop image. It is very relaxing, I even turn off my screen saver when I have that one up. :D

I didn't think I needed a reminder of why I used macintosh but then I tried ChangeDesktop (I know it sounds like I am affiliated with them but I'm really not.) Go to www.versiontracker.com and search ChangeDesktop :) I have about 40 pictures that I would love to use on my computer so this app changes them for me every hour. Its small and runs in the background so you don't even have to take up dock space. I got most of my actual desktops at http://www.theapplecollection.com/

Cool!

server.jpg

Xcuse the Connect Server thingy, i was showing a Fellow NewBie Something! :D

NeYo

nothing special, but I just felt compelled to join in :) Maybe I'll play with some settings later...

Oh, and sorry for the low quality image... had to save it as just about the lowest quality I could in GIMP (Preview didn't go low enough) to get the file small enough. It's full size and readable though! (that took some effort!) :)

Cheers,
Dak

Attachments

• dak_desk.jpg
    dak_desk.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 98
...today. I change my dt pix fairly often, usually reflecting my mood... I'll leave it to you to analyse my mood right now...

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 97
Originally posted by RacerX
Here is my primary system running Solaris 7 in VPC5.
Wow! That sure makes Solaris look dated and OS X look "modern"...

Your SGI Indy SS is cool too. The first time I say an SGI GUI was the first time I seriously imagined myself using anything other than a Mac... Unfortunately I've never had an SGI and soon after that I found myself working on Windows 95... UGH!

Originally posted by kenny
...today. I change my dt pix fairly often, usually reflecting my mood... I'll leave it to you to analyse my mood right now...
Either a) you have great eyes, b) you have an enormous monitor, or c) I'm getting old... There is no way I could deal with Dock icons that small...

I generally run the dock pretty small to conserve screen real-estate. I don't like the "hide the dock" option; I prefer to keep it around all the time. On the previous one, though I run @ 1600x1200, so I had to scale the image down to get it to post. Here's the (unscaled) shot from my iBook.

Attachments

• two.jpg
    two.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 79
Back