Developer install

jareth

Registered
Hey guys, I guess I can't see the forest for the trees...I installed the Developer CD, yet gcc is still nowhere to be found. What am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by jareth
Hey guys, I guess I can't see the forest for the trees...I installed the Developer CD, yet gcc is still nowhere to be found. What am I doing wrong?

probably don't have ur path set... u can find how to do that (I think) on darwinfo.org's faq, although my vague rememberence of the solution would be pico $Home/.cshc and then add path=[user/bin/ bin/ etc... ]

They had a good explanation before. What u can do in the meantime, is use sherlock (or if u dare, the unix find function which is tons and tons of fun) to find where gcc is located and then do /where/ever/it/is/gcc -what -ever You -want to.do Then it will find gcc.

HTH,
F-bacher

Hey, thanks for the faq site, I'll check it out. But as for gcc, it's not anywhere on my drive. Is there a special way to install the developer CD or something? Everything appeared to install without error.

/usr/bin/cc IS gcc.

Issue a 'cc -v' from the command-line and you will get the following response....

Apple Computer, Inc. version cc-796.3, based on gcc driver version 2.7.2.1 executing gcc version 2.95.2

Tyler

Let me expand on my problem then, everytime I try and compile something I get the error: C Compiler cannot create executables...

When I look up this error in my handy dandy Unix reference book, it says this error means gcc is missing.

Any ideas?

Back