Developer Preview Release 1,2 3

swizcore

Help Guide Coordinator
Hey everyone, A fellow theme-creator of mine is going to be producing an OSX theme based on the Developer Preview Release1, 2 or 3 of Mac OSX. So i was hoping one of you may still have a copy of any of these disks around the shack. If so, please email or PM me please. Thansk alot. This will be a really cool theme that i think alot of OSX users would dig.

These are very old releases, not even nearing the public beta of OSX. They were systems which could still utilize OS9, or classic theme files !! Very COOL stuff.

Maybe I'm missing what you are getting at. DP 1 and 2 were both still platinum, Aqua was previewed as a theme for OS X in 2.6 and was added in 3 for everyone else. In 4 (and 3 as I recall) there was a theme for Mac OS 9 called "Classic X" that gave Classic menus more of an OS X feel. It was a carbon app (rather than a straight forward theme) that doesn't work with the final versions of OS X.

Many of us are using the Aqua theme for 9 and it seems to work quite nicely (though Apple hates all themes of this type).

If it is the "Classic X" theme that you want, I can send that to you. It is only 16k.

Attachments

• classicx.jpg
    classicx.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 40
you pretty much got it right, he just wants the DP release so he can gather all of the GUI resources to create a "Rhapsody-esque" theme for OSX. An OSX theme with a classic "Platinum on steroids" look and feel. But he does definitely want the DP 1,2 or 3 to build it from.

I have posted what my copy of Rhapsody looks like (which does look different from the standard Mac OS) in another thread. I don't have copies of DP 1, 2, or 3 (but I have 4), but I have shots of what they looked like (which was more like Mac OS 9 than Rhapsody).

Here is one of the standard desktop for DP 2.

Attachments

• macosx-dp2.jpg
    macosx-dp2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 38
Im sure that will be helpful. Ill get back to you as soon as I hear from him if that will be what he needs. thanks alot for your help.

Not a problem. I do have a good collection of DP2 images of most of the interface. If you need them I could send them all to you. Just let me know.:)

That would be awesome. Thanks a ton! Go aheadn and send them to swizcore@mac.com
Thanks again and Merry Christmas! :)

Or if you want you can FTP them to me at
IP_ 24.36.101.126
user- macuser
pass- guest

Back