Diablo 2 More

jomaan

Super Bull
I forgot... when I reboot in Os 9.1, when Diablo 2 starts (if starts) the speed is slow, very slow slow slow, why?? it's iimpossible to play.

Anothe wierd sympthom is, sometimes when Diablo 2 starts cannot load a saved game. Diablo 2 freezes (but music still playing) in load screen (when a monk is entering in a portal). WHY?????

thx
:confused:

not sure why this is still in osx thread but, if this is a classic app try using get info and increasing the memory for the game. give it as much as you think you can spare would be my advice.

i don't play diablo, but this is often a fix for the behavior you describe in other apps.

Actually, Diablo II is one of those games where you do not want to change the application memory partition.

Based on your sig, you have OS 9.1 and OS 9.2.x installed on separate drives. Try playing Diablo II while booted into each version of the OS. Dump your Diablo II Preferences file stored in the Preferences folder before trying.
If Diablo II has issues in 9.2.x as well, then you may have to reinstall Diablo II. Try reinstalling it on different partitions if problems persist. Also, what version of Diablo II are you trying to play? What video card are you using? Have you tried using Software mode, RAVE, or OpenGL with the same results?

The ATI drivers installed under OS9.2 have a major performance issue with Diablo II.

I had similar problems with my ATI Radeon untill I reverted to the ATI drivers version 1.2 from OS9.1, then everything was fine.

Hope this helps.

Back