Diablo II: LoD in OSX

Balatro

Registered
Has anyone tried the Diablo II expansion in OSX? Does it run in Carbon? If not, does it run well? :)

I'm in the mood again and thinkng of getting DII and LoD for my PowerBook but want to figure out its performance first. Unfortunately my 1.0 copy of DII is PC only...Sigh :)

Thanks folks!

:eek: omg, IT'S BALATRO! :D

Wish I could tell you if Diablo 2 worked at all in OSX, but like you my copy's PC-only. It sure would be nice to have an RPG sort of game that ran well in OSX. Myth II is still lots of fun but it only works in OS 9.

If memory serves, DII itself works through OSX in Classic. I've HEARD that OGL works relatively well but I'm doubting this.

The question is whether they carbonized LoD. I'm somehow doubting this as well, but I'll put some faith in it.

I've heard tell that eventually carbonized patches will come out for DII but we'll see....Sigh.

At least WCIII will be carbon in all probability ;)

Originally posted by Kartoffel
:eek: omg, IT'S BALATRO! :D

Wish I could tell you if Diablo 2 worked at all in OSX, but like you my copy's PC-only. It sure would be nice to have an RPG sort of game that ran well in OSX. Myth II is still lots of fun but it only works in OS 9.

Yeah, I remember putting up a diablo II (normal) post a while ago. It does work in X under classic, but it works badly. It was so slow to the point that the cursor would be delayed in moving. That was enough for me to quit out of it. So, I'd image that LOD isn't carbonized, and has the same performance as the original.

nope. isn't.

but Diablo 2 without the Expansion pack worked quite well in Software mode in classic for me.

But the lack of multi button mouse support also made me quit.

In 10.0.4 there is support for the right mouse button in programs like Photoshop and so on, though. But doesn't work for Starcraft, and for Diablo 2, I assume.

Back