Did anyone else mentioned this about 10.2.3?

hulkaros

The Incredible...
I posted somewhat the same thing before but for site policy it was removed and rightly so...

Anyway, I mentioned that some apps which use OpenGL under Mac OS X.2 they play now nice, while before 10.2.3 they were misbeheaving... So, if you have ANY OpenGL app/game give it a shot!

Also, when you are sharing files and you stop the share you can set the time when the share will stop... While at the same time the other Macs on the network will view a message warning them!

One other thing and this actually I cannot test it with previous version of X.2 is that you can actually Zoom-In & Zoom-Out while inside a game... What I saw actually is that the game must be a 3D one and not a 2D...

So, there... What else did you notice about 10.2.3? Let us know!

yes, opengl saw a major upgrade with 10.2.3. no specific 'real world' changes were mentioned, though... but it should have an effect on quartz extreme as well. can anybody confirm?

I heard that the biggest change in the latest version of OpenGL is support for texture compression.

I don't know exactly what is due to what, since I have a brand new DP G4 867 with 10.2.3 and ATI Radeon 9000/64 on it. I'm using it for one week now, did some video editing, tried a few 3D games, and office work: it's blazing fast!!!
Weird thing however: some 3D games running smoothly and fast in Classic mode turn to be choppy and slower under OS 9.2.2:???

Originally posted by Luca
I don't know exactly what is due to what, since I have a brand new DP G4 867 with 10.2.3 and ATI Radeon 9000/64 on it. I'm using it for one week now, did some video editing, tried a few 3D games, and office work: it's blazing fast!!!
Weird thing however: some 3D games running smoothly and fast in Classic mode turn to be choppy and slower under OS 9.2.2:???

Hmmm ... I like just 10.2.3... but's that's just me I think.

Originally posted by hulkaros
One other thing and this actually I cannot test it with previous version of X.2 is that you can actually Zoom-In & Zoom-Out while inside a game... What I saw actually is that the game must be a 3D one and not a 2D...

I tried this in Quake3 but it didn't do anything, all it did was make the screen flicker each time the zoom key-combo was pressed :(

Originally posted by g3joel
I tried this in Quake3 but it didn't do anything, all it did was make the screen flicker each time the zoom key-combo was pressed :(

Do you have 10.2.3 installed? Return to castle Wolfenstein (which as you already may know is based on Quake 3 engine) does this trick just fine... However, I will try and find Quake 3 and test it...

While Quake doesn't let you zoom-in & out, Jedi Knight 2 + Return to castle Wolfenstein which are based on Quake's 3 engine do it :confused:

Go figure!

Back