Did you switch from PC to Mac?

Did you switch from PC to Mac?

• Yes, switched from PC to Mac

• No, never used a PC, only a Mac

• Never used a Mac, only a PC

• I use both a Mac and a PC

• I plan on buying a Mac soon! Really, I do!

• This poll is retarded!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I havent decided weather or not i am going to switch from a pc to a mac yet. I actually i ordered a new powerbook G4 800mhz 512 megs of ram (i got it in one dimm so i can double it later) its still in the mail (im so anxious).

Ive always been a PC guy. i used a mac a couple of times, but never got that into it. my one friend was always into them, but i pretty much ignored him, to be honest, i couldnt get used to the user interface. i didnt understand the little buttons in the corners of the windows. i didnt understand how the top menu's items change.

fast foreward to last month, orientation for my freshman year at Virginia Tech. my Industrial design professor says we need to have laptops. okay, so i talk to the head of graphic design(i plan to double major) and he said he highly recommends a mac. so i resigned myself to the fact that i needed a mac.

i went to the bookstore and something bright and shiny caught my eye. from across the room, i saw this beautiful piece of equipment, the bright blue screen with a matte silver rim. right then i knew that we were destined to be together. i spoke to the friendly salesperson, i asked him what it was, and he explained to me about the wonderful powermac.

so it was decided, and now i wait not so patiently for it to arrive in the mail. i am excited about getting it, and i may become a convert...

I have always owned macs but I have used PCs a lot at school. They really aren't anywhere near as good as macs :)

Originally posted by azosx
I think it'll be fun to hear the "Real Stories" of this website's users. Be as creative as you want but please try to keep PC/MS-bashing/trolling to yourself. Just let us know why you switched or haven't in a Apple-esque commercial sort of way. "Horrid little machine", "blue screen of death" stories totally expected and acceptable.

I shall never go back to a peecee. *laughs*

Yeah....i just switched over to the mac side, on May 16 (Episode II release date, btw. *l*).

Suffice to say....just about everything and everyone's story from the Switch on the apple site, I agreed with (except that lady who said that she thought it was her fault that winwoz didn't work properly). :->

Mind you, I've always used apples (even when I was in grade school, we got a Apple IIg in our class), but didn't buy one, because of my adiment pc user brother.

Except until the end of July, when my PIII 800 /Win98 refused to boot up, and suddenly became severely FUBARed. That was the last straw, even though I'm good with comps, and usually fix others, Windows just pissed me off, too much, too often. :D

The only thing that stopped me (for about 30mins), was the inital purchase price...but hey...now the dosh has been spent....it's niiiiiiiiiice! *l*

Anyone else feel it odd, that the system doesn't crash (I won't say never, since i've heard others have)? *l* It's been almost 3 months....*l*

Well, I've always owned Pcs and never really thought about buying an apple until a few weeks ago when I wanted to get myself a laptop. I work at a pc store, where I build and repair desktops/rackmounts/servers with anything from NT4 to XP to Redhat 7.3 and Suse on them. The quality of laptops and complaints about pc laptops that I kept getting was just really scaring me and then I thought. Holy sh*t, there is an apple store about 100 yards away from where I work(Boston). I went there and was totally shocked at how much Apple had grown in their design and product line. The iBook caught my eye right off the bat, I play with it some and discovered that I loved it instantly. In my black shirt with the clear label that stated "Pcsforeveryone" the store I work at...I jumped in line and purchased the top of the line iBook while still wearing that dreaded black t-shirt(i did get a few comments on it, hehe) I've always respected macs and actually have acquired some other macs since the iBook purchase. I now have a MacSE and a PowerMac7200. w00p@those :) I also own about 7 pcs, everything ranging from home builds to compaqs(I got this one as a computer left it behind). Honestly, I work with my iBook more often and am happy that my computer collection just became a lot more diverse. Windows was totally boring me, working with it and looking at it all day was driving me up the wall, MacOSX is visually pleasing to me when i want to get home and just chat, surf the web and listen to some music. I still love my pcs and if it wasn't for microsoft, I wouldn't have a job at the moment. I thank Apple for enhancing the way I use a computer and Microsoft for letting me get a paycheck at the end of the week, hehe. I love how I can build a pc to my exact specs and load windows or whatever other OS i want on it. I like my iBook because it's reliable, fun to use, cool looking(The chics love it) and I don't have to worry about it when I'm using it. <sarcasm>I enjoy windows for the shear fact that its keeps me on my toes at work with all it's nice little features that make it so uber</sarcasm> :)

Back