Difference between "Ready" and "Built-In"

drustar

Gold Member
I'm looking at the specs of the PowerBook and I notice two things. AirPort Extreme Ready and AirPort Extreme built-in.

Does that mean that the AirPort Extreme Ready does not have a wireless NIC in it?

That might be a stupid question but I just want to make sure.

Ready basically means there's internal space reserved for a card, not that the card is there.

A built-in feature comes in the device with no extra hassle. A ready feature is possible to use, but it does not come with the device... it's like "batteries not included," it could say "battery-ready."

I hate that airport-ready talk, we're all ready for God's sake, right at this moment, I AM READY to go out with Shannon Elizabeth. Ready means that you don't get the thing that it is ready for! So why mention it??

I hate that airport-ready talk, we're all ready for God's sake, right at this moment, I AM READY to go out with Shannon Elizabeth. Ready means that you don't get the thing that it is ready for! So why mention it??

mention it because there is support for it on the system and on the motherboard :)

a 10 year old pc is not ready for airport extreme :p

"Ready" is mentioned so you know whether you can upgrade to that at a later date or not. If your iBook did not say "Airport-ready," you wouldn't know if you could install an Airport card at some point.

Back