Difficulting Connecting to Netzero

bergen

Registered
I have a new iMac G5 (OSX) but cannot connect to the Internet through NetZero (I am trying to get rid of AOL).

I downloaded the NetZero software from a CD because I was having difficulty downloading from the NetZero website. Even after I successfully downloaded the software, I have been unable to connect to the Internet through NetZero.

First the NetZero tech support told me to let the software populate the network settings in my computer's system preferences. I did this, and when I tried to connect to the Internet, there was no dial tone at all, and the modem icon showed that it was idle.

The next thing the NetZero people told me, was to set my system preferences like this: "Location" = Automatic, and Show = "Internal Modem". However, even after I click "apply" and "lock" these settings, the next time I look at the network settings, "Show" has switched to "AirPort". I can't get it to stay at Internal Modem. When I try to sign on, the telephone icon says "connecting...." several times, then abruptly disconnects with a message that says "authorization denied".

Now the NetZero people are telling me to check the access numbers (which I have); download the new MacOSX 10.4 security patch (which I did) and to reset my password (which I have not -- I can't believe that's the answer to this problem).

What do you suggest?

Back