Directory Utility refuse to accept my password?

Matt OS X

Registered
Hello,

I'm struggling to figure this out when I forced the Directory Utility to unbind a mac's bind address off from Window's Active Directory Server. Next, I tried to re-bind to A.D. See image below is what I get after trying to re-bind? Is there a way for me to clean cache or anything? Is it possible if I remove the whole of the DirectoryService folder in /Library/Preferences as well as the edu.mit.Kerberos file in the same folder followed by a restart which I already did that and it didn't work? Thanks in advance.

Unbind, then rebind, making sure sure you're not doing a trusted bind and if you are, use the AD authorized admin username/password.

Do you have any way to check from a Windows workstation if the object is still being shown in AD Users and Computers? I have a feeling that the object might still be there, preventing the Mac from binding under the same name.

Hm - are you sure it's the correct password, and that it has admin privileges in AD?
Did you change the AD password recently?

nixgeek- yes, I had all of old information from this imac such as old ip address, DNS, and etc completed removed from the window server side and and still wont work.

Giaguara- No, I did not change any of my password for last 12 months.

Back