Disappearing Desktop ??

vjmacaddict

Registered
My roommate hit either the F10 or F11 key, and held the key down, then everything on the desktop disappeared and went to the borders. Pressing any of the F keys did not bring them back. The colored wheel kept rolling, the desktop folders kept opening and closing all by themselves!! (reduing to the title bars). But would not stay open, and couldn't restart!!

Has anyone ever seen these bizzare symptoms? This is a first time for me in 16 years of using Apples and Macs!

vjmacaddict said:
My roommate hit either the F10 or F11 key, and held the key down, then everything on the desktop disappeared and went to the borders. Pressing any of the F keys did not bring them back. The colored wheel kept rolling, the desktop folders kept opening and closing all by themselves!! (reduing to the title bars). But would not stay open, and couldn't restart!!

Has anyone ever seen these bizzare symptoms? This is a first time for me in 16 years of using Apples and Macs!

Sounds like the finder might need restarting, force quit with alt/apple/esc keys and select restart finder

Back