Discount on final for beta users? YES

endian

Dis Member
I just got an email from Apple thanking me for being a beta tester and offering a $30 discount if I preorder OSX. So that questions been answered. Way to go Apple!

You can also use the discount on educational as well.
$129-$30=$99 for the normal beta user
$69-$30=$39!!! for the student/educational user

Apple sure pulled off something w/ this didn't they :),

[Edited by VGZ on 02-09-2001 at 12:41 PM]

But when I followed the link to actually purchase with the discount, I was told my promotional code was invalid. Is anyone else having wierdness? Maybe the planets are just aligned against me.

Or maybe it's lucky, now I'll try that educational thing and see if Ihave any luck there.

I got my email from the Apple store just a few minutes ago. I clicked on the pre-order now button and the page came up with the rebate amount already filled in.

Tyler

PS: They do add a $10 shipping charge on, so the total (for non-educational users) is $109.

the extra $10 is for fast shipping which is selected by default. I guess they figure if you're pre-ordering it you wante it yesterday.

Yeah, I cliked on the supplied link (button) as well, and it filled in most everything for me. Pretty well done in general. But when I went to complete the order, it told me my rebate thingy (which was filled in for me) wasn't valid...

Here's the kicker, I just got e-mail telling me that it was successful. hmmmmm, I have a lot of browsers doing a lot of things, perhaps something went through while I wasn't looking... I don't know. Anyway, I'm officially pre-ordered for $100 + pa sales tax of 6%. Looks like I got $3 less than you did. :)

The educational discount is great! Are you sure the beta coupon can be used on the education sale? How do I use it? ...You go to the education apple store... and you can buy it for $69, but how do you apply the beta coupon? Will OS X final really only be $39 for me, not counting shipping costs?

Originally posted by Jahy
The educational discount is great! Are you sure the beta coupon can be used on the education sale? How do I use it? ...You go to the education apple store... and you can buy it for $69, but how do you apply the beta coupon? Will OS X final really only be $39 for me, not counting shipping costs?

There are 2 ways:

You can call 1-800-MY-APPLE and get the educational w/ beta discount.

Or through the website if you bought it through the educational store in the first place.

I had to call but the sales associate I talked to was friendly and explained the reason that there was a problem w/ the site.

Good luck :),

Yes, I must admit I was pretty excited last night. $40 is such a great deal! This morning I took matters into my own hands and placed my order by phone. (I've never really been comfortable with calling big companies) The Apple guy I talked to was SO great! His name was ryan. That guy should get a raise for giving such wonderful customer service. As it is, I went to the Apple Education site and then dialed the number as the bottom of the page... it wasn't 1-800-MY-APPLE, but similar. I used my beta coupon number and decided to use fed-ex delivery. My total came to about $50. He he. It would have been $40 if I had opted for UPS delivery. I guess I'm just impatient and with the discounts feel like I can afford the $10.

that the public beta was actually FREE :)
HA HA to all you people that complained about ahving to pay for a BETA :p

Admiral

Back