Disk Copy?

Artist

Registered
Hi,
I'm very computer (PC) literate, but not at all Mac literate. So here goes....
I know this is dumb, and I've read and read, but cannot get this to work. I want to make a copy of a data CD I have. I was told to copy it, or make an image of it with "Disk Copy", and then to burn the image with Toast. I cannot drag any kind of CD onto the Mac Disk Copy utility. It says "drag disk image here to mount it", but when I try to drag the CD over to it, it just bounces back out. I've tried it with a number of different CD's. What am I missing? If anyone has the time, can you please spell this out. I have the Big OSX book, and have read it, and also have read Mac help. Neither is helping. Is the confusion in the words "disk image". Remember, I'm trying to make a " copy" of a data CD with mixed Data on it. I have a new G4 imac, but I'm totally new to the mac systems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Artist

... well, if you're going to burn it with toast, you might as well make the disk image with toast:
stick your cd in, open toast and click 'copy'... much simpler than using disk copy ...

if you want to use disk copy, open disk copy and go to 'image/new image from device' (in the top menu bar) and select your cd ... the 'drag image here to mount' thing refers to a finished image that you want to mount, not the other way around ...
welcome to the forums by the way!
:)

Back