Disk images mounting on boot automatically. Why?

MtnBiker

Registered
Some disk images are mounting automatically when I boot. I can't even find the originals.

One of them is the December 2002 Dev Tools, and the CHUD 2.5.1 image on the image mounts also.

I have maybe 20 disk images, but at present four are mounting. One I can find, two I can't, and the fourth is on one of the images that is mounting (see paragraph above).

System 10.2.3.

Does anyone have an idea on how I made this happen? And how to turn it off?

Is there a find original for a disk image?

In and of itself this isn't a big problem, I just wonder what other options I've turned on that will cause problems.

TIA

If you mean Login Items; I don't see anything that suggests mounting images. I'm not launching Classic, so my System 9 Start up items shouldn't be a factor. But maybe there's another start up items in OS X that I don't know about.

Images do mount automatically in OS X. They have since I started using it. What browser are you using to dload? What is your download directory? Or are you using system update? Or what?

To find the img file, open your hard drive icon and search for the name of the volume. The extensions are .dmg and .img.

I don't know how to turn off auto-mounting or if you even can. (I'm sure there's a hack.)

Doug

Back