Disk repair/maintenance software suggestions

Zimbop

Registered
I want to arm myself with some software that will recover me from any HD troubles should they arise. Any suggestions on the best software for this. I was looking at TechTool, but it has luke warm reviews in some places.

I want to arm myself with some software that will recover me from any HD troubles should they arise. Any suggestions on the best software for this. I was looking at TechTool, but it has luke warm reviews in some places.
TechTools Deluxe, a cut-down version of Techtools Pro, ships with each AppleCare kit. That is high testament to TechTools quality. DiskWarrior is also great for file recovery.

That said, if you don't experience media failure, then you are unlikely to ever need any third-party software. Third-party software can't fix media failure. Since the introduction of HFS+ Journaled, I don't do routine maintenance anymore. If you install Leopard and enable Time Machine, then third-party file recovery software also becomes unnecessary.

I vote for DiskWarrior as well. Saved me a few times some data that otherwise would so have been lost.

Back