disk utility

dreamendless

Registered
i got -Your startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.- message from bootcamp, i need to make the two partitions into one but i can't do it using disk utlity anyone can help me?how can i erase my partitions

Your best bet would be to backup everything with something like Carbon Copy Cloner, then reformat and restore.

Boot Camp Assistant lets you easily create a partition for Windows XP to use without erasing your Mac OS X information. Boot Camp Assistant only works with an Intel-based Mac that has one hard disk partition. Boot Camp Assistant creates a second partition on your existing startup disk for the Windows XP operating system, or, if you have more than one internal hard drive installed, it will allow you to install Windows XP on another drive. You can choose the size of the Windows partition when running Boot Camp Assistant Beta, but it must be at least 5 GB and leave at least 5GB of free space on the disk for the Mac OS X partition.

Back