DiskWarrior Vs. Drive 10 Vs. TechTool Pro?

WeeZer51402

Registered
Of Drive 10 and TechTool Pro(both made by micromat i think) and also DiskWarrior what are some of the advantages of going with one over the other?

disk warrior. TT4 kinda blows as well as drive 10. I am a consultant and I tend to rely on DW3 and Norton Disk Doctor. I have TT4, but i never use it.

TechTool Pro works very well in OS X.
I wouldn't use Norton's on any machine running OS X.

Yep, gotta add to that: Stay away from Norton. It's fine for AntiVirus stuff, but make sure that Dr. Norton does _not_ come near your harddrive. He's a bit old and frail and sometimes takes the wrong knife and cuts too deep into the heart of a Mac.

bobw said:
I wouldn't use Norton's on any machine running OS X.

How about: I would not run Norton on any machine, running any OS? I've watched Norton destroy Windows.

It also seems to me that TT4 has a lot more features... ?

Nortons always worked very well on pre OS X systems on the Mac platform.

Hmm from what i've looked at DiskWarrior looks good enough for what i need, thanks for the links bobw, well time to get the credit card out!

I'm a huge DiskWarrior fan. The other apps have all these pointless test routines that make you feel good about your computer. DiskWarrior does one thing and it basically has one button. You press it and a while later your hard drive is fixed. Nothing has ever been so easy. Nine out of ten times it's successful. DW has saved me more than a few times when the other apps couldn't.

Back