Display on Macbook very dark and inaccurate

hoarp001

Registered
Hi,

My macbook has had this problem for a while but I have lived with it so far, but now it is really annoying me. Images and video are displayed very darkly, often loosing a lot of detail and maing the image un-seeable. I have tried fiddling with the gamma settings and all other settings that I can find on the control pannel, but so far I have had no luck.

Just as an example, this is a frame from some video I shot:

click for pic

On any other monitor, the bulb appears bright and white and the ball bearing is visible. On my monitor the bulb is very dark, most of the fragments are invisible and the ball bearing is just a small crescent of light.

Its quite annoying.

Any help?

Thanks.

For any video display issues, always check the System Preferences Universal Access, Under "Seeing" tab, "Display" section, make sure Enhance Contrast is set to normal.

You have just solved a year old problem with my macbook that p!$$es me off every day.

Thank you very very much.

Also thank you very very much. I am (was) having the problem with the background starting ok and then as booting finished it would go very dark. And pictures I would view were extremely dark. I had put it down to being the external monitor screwing up the display settings when I disconnected it. With the external monitor connected, everything was fine. But when I took the macbook to work, everything was dark. Thanks very much for your post, it saved me a great deal of being upset at Leopard or anything I could think of to blame.

Back