Display problem on 17" Powerbook G4 1.3ghz

sprae

Registered
Hi There,

My 2 year old Powerbook G4 display had suddenly (after a 1-hour meeting and return to see this problem) became filled with facets and screwed up colours. I can still partially see the screen but its covered this display anomally. I have updated the ATI card with the latest drivers and have OSX 10.4.2. I have let the powerbook to rest and cool down with a full shut down and still no help.

At this point I am ready for any advise before going to repairers. I believe the video card has a fault or corrupted video RAM but unsure if I am right. The core powerbook seem to run fine as I have tested the HDD and played DVDs, PhotoShop and tested other large programs.

Please help as I am in panic mode seeing it like this. This is my first ever problem in over 2 years.

I'll on the road at the moment and don't have my Apple Hardware Test with me :( I'll have to check it next week. Just been reading up on it and it seems other people had similar issues on scrambled video due to faulty logic board. I hope this is not the case for me. I've also tried resetting the PRAM but to no avail.

Back