displaying a song's lyricks

cleo

Registered
how are some song lyricks on my iphone and otheres are not?...and i dont know how they got on but how do i put all song lyricks on my iphone?...
i have a 16gb iphone....if anyone can help that would be great...thank you

... how do i put all song lyrics on my iPhone?... I have a 16gb iPhone ... if anyone can help that would be great ... thank you

Here are a couple of ways:

A.

1. Google the name of your song and the word lyrics.
  2. Highlight and copy the lyrics using the Edit drop down menu.
  3. Then open iTunes.
  4. Highlight the song in your library.
  5. Use the File drop down menu.
  6. Click on 'Get info'.
  7. Click on Lyrics.
  8. Move your cursor inside the Lyrics box.
  9. Go back to the File drop down menu.
  10. Click 'Paste'. The lyrics will appear.
  11. Now sync your iPhone.
  12. Select the song in your iPod app and tap on the album art and it should appear.
  13. You can scroll when the lyrics fill up more than one view.

B.

1. If you have an internet connection, go to iphonelyrics.com and type in the name of the song or artist.
  2. A list of possibilities will appear.
  3. Select one.

Here are some tools that will automate the process of adding lyrics to your iTunes songs.

GimmeSomeTune displays information about the current song playing, including a pop-up window displaying the lyrics. This is good to make sure the lyrics download correctly.

Needle Drop is a script that will play through a selected playlist (or if you select your Library your entire library) and play each song for a selected amount of time.

Now what we want to do is have iTunes run through the whole library (or just a playlist) and add lyrics to our songs via downloading them from the internet. If you have a broadband connection you'll be ok, if you're on dial-up you may need to have the songs play longer to get the data time to download. It's best to do this overnight with the speakers muted or while you don't need to use the computer.

Once you have both programs installed open GimmeSomeTune. A music note icon will appear in the top menu in the Finder (by the clock and Spotlight). Click on that and select Preferences. Navigate to the "Artwork, Lyrics" tab and select the checkbox under Lyrics. Additionally you can enable cover artwork options as well. Now in iTunes, open the library or playlist you want to download lyrics to. Now look at the top menu bar, click the little Scripts Scroll icon (between Window and Help) and choose "Needle Drop". A window will pop up asking how many seconds you want a song to play before skipping to the next song. You could set it for 3 seconds, you may want to give each track more time if you have a slow internet connection. Next a window will ask you how far into each song you may want to play. Enter 0 (to start at the beginning) and click OK. That's all.

Now if everything is working correctly your lyrics and artwork will be loaded onto your songs. Now it's not perfect and it won't catch every song but it's better than doing it all manually. To make sure things are going well go back to the Finder and click on the music note icon again, select "Show GimmeSomeTune Window" to see the song information, or select "Show Lyrics" to show the lyrics window.​

Last edited:
Back