DivX nightmare!

guyeva

Registered
How do you get DivX web player off your Mac? I just installed the latest version for DivX Labs and I can't even find it in Applications, it doesn't show up at all and I want it gone!

I desperately need to go back to an earlier version so it will work with my favorite site, and I can't get at it at all, or get it off my Mac. Now I can't watch anything at all on my favorite site, it just flat does not work and I'm desperate!

I could watch videos on that site all day long until I upgraded, and now I'm so totally bummed out! I looked for three years to find that site, and I only found it three days ago!

This new version of DivX web player will not let you download or save anything at all, so I guess I know what their agenda was and who was funded by.

HELP!!!!!

It's probably in the "Internet Plug-Ins" folder in one of your Library folders. Check both the Library in your Home folder and the Library in the root directory of your hard drive.

Try doing a file search for "divx" and see what comes up.

I found a bunch of Divx files and folder, but this damn thing will not let me delete them!!! I so hate this stuff!!! How do I get rid of this trash???

It's telling me that I can't delete libDivXDesktopSupport.dylib because it's in use. How do I make it not in use so I can get rid of it?

Once you move it to the trash it should basically be uninstalled. When you quit & reload your browsers it should no longer be active. If you can't empty the Trash immediately, you don't have to worry about it. Rebooting will definitely free up the files. But probably you just need to quit your browsers.

Back