DIVX playback problem

Zenzefiloan

Registered
MACOS 10.1.4
DIVX Alpha

Well the problem i am having is that when i amtrying to play a movie that has been converted with AVI2MOV or that is DIVX the quicktime application becomes unstable and instead of picture i get various squares all with different colours.

Also i get a terminal window that reads:

Quicktime player .out

OOPS: blockintra_311: event index = 69

Any help please?

Don't use AVI2MOV to convert the files; use the Divx Validator application which installs with the alpha software.

I've had the same problem.
I narrowed it down to this:
- an error occurred when you downloaded the file, it was truncated or something or was not completed. When you use AVI2MOV tool it places alot of really bad large square pixels that don't change and hence can't be viewed properly
- During conversion, the divx movie was corrupted somehow, best to try again.

What I've learned:
- Go the manual way!, extract the mp3 audio track from the original divX movie using the command line program included in AVI2MOV from divx.jamby.net called "getmp3", once extracted open up the original divx movie in quicktime player and replace the variable-bit rate mp3 soundtrack with the one you just extracted on the command line (You'll need quicktime player pro for this). And should play nicely.

- Use DivXDoctor II 2.1
This is probably the best option. Works faster too and does batch jobs. You don't have to remove the DivX 4 alpha software DivXDoctor II installs its own decoders- which aren't as pretty but works nevertheless.

Back