Help Menu: do you use it?

• Yes, I use the help menu all the time

• I've only used the help menu once or twice

• I've never used the help menu

• You mean there's a help menu?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Izzy

luv my lil' malteaser
OK...as I look over many of the threads here I come to the realization that I myself have never really used the help menu...or if I have I don't remember it right now.

How about all of you...do you use the help menu on a regular basis if at all?

Just curious...

I use it whenever I need help and when apps are stubborn and don't include mouseover helper text.

There should be another option in the poll:

Only open the Help Menu when I accidently press the Help key on the keyboard.

I agree with testuser, but most of the time if I have a quick and specific question I'll post it here. Uh, after searching google and using the MacOSX search, of course. ;)

My Mac at home has only dialup connectivity, so I find it outrageous that half of the answers in the OSX help have to downloaded from the internet.

My roommate's iMac doesn't even have a net connection. When she wants to use the net she uses my machine. So I understand that complaint fully (for a while I had a Win2K box while she had her iMac, so couldn't look up a lot on the iMac help system).

I seldom use the help menu because it's slow to open (before it started crashing upon opening), and because the search strings don't seem to be very intuitive. I would find it more useful if were geared not only to How To (as is do something), but also toward trouble-shooting. It's almost useless for the latter.

I use it all the time; it's where searchable developer documentation can be conveniently found :D

- shrill -

I don't really use the help menu, because, especially in the Apple apps, the database doesn't solve my questions, because they're pretty difficult.

Photoshop, though, i'm sure has better help for example.

Back