.doc duzn't print right on windoze shared epson printer

JobsIsGod

Registered
I am printing from 10.3.7 to an Epson c82 that is being shared by a windoze pc. When i print a word doc from os x, the printer will just keep on printing all this code and other stuff. Not my document. Why is this and how do i fix it? Thanks

He is pointing out your writing style. There is a place for sms writing (small cell phones) and a place for proper writing.

Now, have you been able to print to this printer before? Is the windows machine set up to share and can another computer on that network print to it? If not, check the settings and do what Windows computer knows best, restart.

Also, what king of Windows PC is it? If it is Window Me, forget even trying. Plus, are your drivers for the printer up to date. Trying deleting the printer in Print Center and then re-add it.

Sounds like the Mac is sending the file as a postscript file and the C82 can't handle postscript. Easiest way to get it working is to connect the Windows PC via its parallel port and the Mac by its usb port directly to the printer. Install the software on both and print that way.

I have tried this method with a C84 and it works a treat.

Back