Dock contextual

catfish

Registered
I work on Windows all day... I use many browser windows and open programs and windows as I move around. I like being able to [Right Click]on the window or program in the dock and choose close. I don't have to wait for the window to draw, and it still prompts me to save! I love this feature.

I also want show all or hide options in the dock when I [Right click]. I think that reveal in finder would be appropriate too... there are so many things that could be done with the right click. I understand that new computer users find the second button confusing, but I find it invaluable!

Originally posted by catfish
I work on Windows all day... I use many browser windows and open programs and windows as I move around. I like being able to [Right Click]on the window or program in the dock and choose close. I don't have to wait for the window to draw, and it still prompts me to save! I love this feature.

I also want show all or hide options in the dock when I [Right click]. I think that reveal in finder would be appropriate too... there are so many things that could be done with the right click. I understand that new computer users find the second button confusing, but I find it invaluable!

Totaly agree. One thing that would be great is that if program could choose what popupmeny you would get when you click on the program in the dock. In this way you could easily access the programs function. Sort of like the Control strip.

I, too, use Windows 90% of my computer-using day (i.e., at work). The right mouse button is a top-notch usability feature. I think Apple acknowledged this (kinda) by incorporating contextual menus in System 8 (or was it earlier?). Now they need to acknowledge that a second mouse button click is preferrable to option+mouse click. Steve, it's okay to admit we don't always need to Think Different. Think Different and Better. Think PROFITS from new optical two-button mouse.

Back