Dock disappeared, can't log out

guava4

Registered
Turned on Mac today, and there was no dock on the bottom. Went to the preference thing and tried on all the suggestions like hide etc, but it still not there. When I went to through the system icon thing, on the left column, where there is supposed to be icons like 'home, pictures, music, documents' etc they were not there, it was just blank white. :S

Also, logging out and shutting down wont work as well. This happens not only on my account, but the other accounts as well. So I had to turn it off via the power button. :S (several options under the apple icon are not working as well)

Anyone knows any solutions?
Its the imac tiger version.

Last edited:
Actually, I just got everything back. I tried everything I could think of and was ready to reinstall the OS. I backed up my hard drive, but just before that, I went to Library/Preferences and threw away the com.apple.dock.plist. After backing up, I restarted and everything came back. I assume it was the trashed preference that did it. Hope you find your solution.

Well it happens to all the other users i have on it.. but when I tried making a new one it just froze.
Oh what's new, the f3 button won't work as well..
I think i'm just going to reformat the mac.. since I dont even have a trash bin LOL

Alhtough I need help on backing up my files and reformatting itself.. :D

Back