Dock Drawers?

tyma

Registered
Howdy.

One of the Linux/Unix window managers (I can't remember which one) features a somewhat OSX-like dock (actually, it's probably more like OS X features a very X11-like dock, but that's neither here nor there). In this dock, each of the icons are drawers that, when clicked, slide up (or down, or to the side, depending on the location of the dock) to reveal the iconic links contained within that drawer.

Is there an add-in or replacement for the OS X dock that would provide that same functionality? I've been looking at the applications available at Apple's OS X download page, but the descriptions are somewhat vague and I don't want to install and uninstall a bunch of dock add-ins to find what I want.

Thanks,
Tim.

You could make folders with shortcuts in them, then put the folders in the dock...I used to do that...

Originally posted by voice-
You could make folders with shortcuts in them, then put the folders in the dock...I used to do that...

Yeah, I've been playing with that. It's close, but not exactly what I'm looking for - it either opens up a new Finder window to that folder with a primary click, or displays a menu of the shortcuts with a secondary click.

*shrug*

If I can't find exactly (or reasonably close to) what I'm looking for, then that's going to be what I do.

Thanks for the advice, though!
Tim.

I have found a few alternatives, in the past, to the Dock, that behave in the way you describe, but all of them were VERY slow themselves and/or made everything else VERY slow...

Try searching Versiontracker

Back