Does anyone else wish they could close a window with expose?

Fahrvergnuugen

I am the law!
Expose rocks! but apple should make the three buttons in the upper left corner of every window accessable when the window is shrunken by expose. that way you could close the window without having to select it first.

on a side note, they added the ability to close a finder window by right clicking on it when its minimized in the dock, but this appears to be a feature that is left up to the developer of the ap to include (all the other aps don't have a close menu)

Apple included the ability to close windows without them being active before Panther was even a glimmer in its programmer's eye, so including this feature in Exposé should be a no-brainer.

Originally posted by arden
Apple included the ability to close windows without them being active before Panther was even a glimmer in its programmer's eye, so including this feature in Exposé should be a no-brainer.

i totally agree. i think thats what prompted me to even try it in the first place....only to be dissapointed when it didn't work :D

Hmm... I don't use exposé for that, though. Sure, it would be a nice addition, but I like exposé's simplicity. It's a simple but great feature.

I often want to close multiple windows in Photoshop and being able to get to them and close them via Expose would be great. It would defeat the whole purpose to have to activate Expose, select the window then close it and then reactivate Expose. If you could activate it once and then close more than one window without having to reactivate it, that would be very handy. Once you are done closing windows, you could them click on the window you would like to bring to front.

They could implement a contextual that lets you interact with the window like an object: Close, Minimize, Grab, Select ...

But also autoarranging windows on screen would be a nice addition: Fit all (selected) on screen. Could be done ... maybe they could simply make the buttons active while exposing.

See, when you use Exposé, all the windows get smaller, and apparently the title bar. They could make the 3 small nav. buttons enlargen when you mouse over them, the same way they come in color when you mouse over them at their normal size. And they've already put in the Genie effect, so don't say it would be hard to do.

I just sent feedback to apple about this. I also suggested the ability to minimize from Expose as well.
The behavior I described would be the ability to minimize or close as many windows as the user likes before selecting the desired window to bring back to the front. I hope they bite.

WOW! What fun :)
I tried several keys while clicking on a window in 'all aplications' mode (exposé). No result, but DO try pressing the 'shift' while activating an exposé command: you'll get it in SLOW MOTION :))

on my aluminium macbook I can do a 4-finger-swipe to the left to activate the alt-tab-command.

Then I can choose a program and close it via 'cmd-Q'.

Same in exposé with 'cmd-W' would absolutely do it - no buttons or controls needed :)

I want to have that feature too!!!

Wow! The thread is 6 years old and includes some real old faces. I miss arden and Zammy!

Back