Does anyone know any more on the Apple cameo on PS3 website?

Probably the usual. You are Sony. You give a design company the words "Make a nice ad about the PS 3." - And the design company, being influenced by Apple's products and designs, creates something that might give you the idea there's something Apple about it. You then tell the company not to mess around with other companies' CI and they change the stuff accordingly. It's not like Apple has a copyright on these translucent backgrounds, you know. ;)

I don't think that 's what he's talking about, fryke. If you go to the first link and then click the link on the image, it will show the image of the PS3. However, if you look at it at an angle, you'll see the faint image of Apple's logo right above the controller. On the second link, if you don't see it Ctrl-Click the menu for Flash and have it rewind and then play it. You'll see a subtle flash of the logo right above the controller.

I'm going to check this out on the main page, although according to the first link the anomaly was fixed. :rolleyes:

I don't think that 's what he's talking about, fryke. If you go to the first link and then click the link on the image, it will show the image of the PS3. However, if you look at it at an angle, you'll see the faint image of Apple's logo right above the controller. On the second link, if you don't see it Ctrl-Click the menu for Flash and have it rewind and then play it. You'll see a subtle flash of the logo right above the controller.

I'm going to check this out on the main page, although according to the first link the anomaly was fixed. :rolleyes:

It is odd and there's supposed to be a Sony announcement about how it got there.

Fryke, look at both the links and you'll see the Apple logo appear on the PS3 which has now been removed by Sony. It's an odd situation to say the least.

from what i've heard its from a demo of Shake 4.1 and by my guess its just Sony is too cheap to pay for the full version of it without that watermark appearing

here's what i have read that happened that seems to be the most plausible...

the designers behind the ps3 site made the intro movie using an existing promo movie made by apple promoting one of its products. they simply added another layer and put their own elements 'on top'. but they did it badly and you get a quick flash of the apple logo. probably some remnant from the original movie.

i can't tell you the amount of times i've been supplied .fla's by clients / designers to work on... then outputted at the end only to similar remnants.

from what i've heard its from a demo of Shake 4.1 and by my guess its just Sony is too cheap to pay for the full version of it without that watermark appearing
But I've been told that the demo of shake can't save files.
Is this true?

It can render, but it places the Apple watermark on it, that is what you are seeing in the PS3 movie.

Surely a demo version of Shake can't explain it, I mean Sony would've tested it before releasing it, and if they saw an Apple watermark they would've said "OK we have to fix that".

I'm still thinking it's subliminal advertising.

Back