does anyone know good software

grandta

Registered
does anyone know good software for mac os x 10.4.4 power pc.

im looking for itunes software and web building software.

First I would recommend Mac OS X Combo Updater 10.4.6 so that you're running the latest version of Tiger. :D

As for iTunes software, there's iTunes. :)

Personally, I use Nvu for WYSIWYG web authoring (it's open source thus it's free), but there are some other HTML editors that are probably more powerful than this. Some people here have alspo recommended SubEthaEdit for their web authoring.

nixgeek said:
First I would recommend Mac OS X Combo Updater 10.4.6 so that you're running the latest version of Tiger. :D

As for iTunes software, there's iTunes. :)

Personally, I use Nvu for WYSIWYG web authoring (it's open source thus it's free), but there are some other HTML editors that are probably more powerful than this. Some people here have alspo recommended SubEthaEdit for their web authoring.
i download Mac OS X Combo Updater 10.4.6 and it won't work for me it won't let me install it i have 10.4.4

What model Macintosh do you have? Please be specific with the model as it's possible that you might need a firmware update.

Also, make sure that you're downloading the Combo Updater (which can update any version of 10.4 to 10.4.6) and not just the Delta Updater (which would require 10.4.5 in order to update to 10.4.6).

01. '... does anyone know good software for mac os x 10.4.4 power pc.' - yes, many others and I - do.

02. As far as installing MacOS X 10.4.6, in place of MacOS X 10.4.4 - install it, only if you have a need to install it. If all is well and good with your current configuration, think twice before performing an update.

03. 'im looking for itunes software' - there is only one ... 'iTunes' (as emphasized by nixgeek).

04. '... and web building software.' - 'iWeb' if you are a newbie and have a '.Mac' account. 'iWeb' is nothing more than a '.Mac' account, user side, web development application. Hmmm, should not have Apple provided such for free - with the '.Mac' subscription?
Commercially - there are 'Dreamweaver' (now under 'Adobe') and 'GoLive', to name but a couple.
For freeware and shareware versions - view this 'VersionTracker' search result.

Back