Does Apple provide phone support for Tiger?

JPigford

I'm awesome...seriously..
I'm having a few issues with Tiger that people on various discussion boards don't seem to know how to fix...does Apple provide phone support for Tiger? I've got an AppleCare plan for my G5 if that matters.

Well, I would find the AppleCare number, call them and see what options you have. Just being curious, but what problems are you having?

JPigford: have you tried wiping your drive clean and installing fresh? Also, if so, you may want to try one more time, checking the stability of the system before installing anything else. Try using Spotlight (once done indexing your hard drive) to search in the bodies of emails as well as check the other problems you were having.

Then, install new applications you need one-by-one, checking stability after each install. I have a feeling that something is corrupt on your system, and Tiger isn't properly configured because you're having WAY too many problems to chalk it up to "Tiger bugs." It sounds like the install didn't go well or that something just isn't working right that should be due to corruption somewhere.

Also, I remember seeing a thread here that alluded to dual-processor machines being unstable with certain areas of Tiger -- much more than single processor machines. I don't think that's the underlying problem, but you never know.

yes, I got through (U.K helpline) after 1 20 minute premium rate wait, and another 10-minute, successful, but the kind fellow who answered the phone couldn't solve my disappearing partitions problem, so I now have to reformat and re-register apps on 4 quite full hard disks. Well, there's nothing else I'd rather be doing for maybe a couple of days.

I ended up calling AppleCare and the guy on the phone tried everything he knew how to fix my mail issue but I ended up troubleshooting the whole thing myself on the phone and fixed it. I had to pull out all my mail from my various folders in mail and drop then back into the main inbox and then put them back in their folders they were in...that fixed it.

Back