does starcraft for mac os x work on someone's tibook?

travelgz

Registered
Hi,
I am using 10.1.5 on my tibook. I installed Starcraft from the CD I bought and the it runs fine in classic. I downloaded the 1.09b patch from Blizzard and installed it. Copied everything from the three folders into the Starcraft File folder. I noticed that there's already a carbon version. I downloaded the Starcraft for Mac OS X patch from the same place, and replaced all the carbon files with what's in the second download. I tried to run the carbon version, I get this carbonized version of the beginning, asking if I want to change resolution or use low memory. Then after I said ok, the DVD ROM started spinning, and that's when the carbon program crashed with the usual uninfomative message from Mac OS X that it's crashed but nothing else is broken.

Has anyone else encountered this on their tibook? Does anyone have any idea why this happened? Or I should be chatting with the Blizzard folks?

Thanks!

Next time you run it... select the 'do not show this dialog next time' checkbox... go OK and watch the app crash...

Then run it again... the dialog box should not show up and the app should work fine every time you launch from then on. As long as you don't bring up the dialog again anymore ;)

Apparently the issue is a bug relating to the dialog box... if you have it show up, then it will crash. If you don't, it will run without problems (this is the only bug I have encountered so far).

Back