Does this look good for an Mp3 Player?

This is an Mp3 Player I've made

• Wow love it! :-)

• Needs more work

• Get off your ass and start workin to make this App better

• Disgusting.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you want to make your application a load better just send me an e-mail and I'm sure we can work something out. :)

What a weird co-incidence.

I'm reading this thread, and a user named whitesaint 200 kbps comes on the same Carracho server as me. Never the less, he doesn't reply to chat messages. Oh well:p

I posted this thread at least 8 months ago!! I stopped working on that Mp3 player a long time ago...

devonferns - yeah that was my brother

xoot - howd you know i downloaded the command line mp3 player?! I couldnt get it to work...

Trip - Sorry the project failed....Looks like the same is gonna happen for my virtual desktops application...

Geez programming is tough!:(

Originally posted by whitesaint
I posted this thread at least 8 months ago!! I stopped working on that Mp3 player a long time ago...

devonferns - yeah that was my brother

xoot - howd you know i downloaded the command line mp3 player?! I couldnt get it to work...

Trip - Sorry the project failed....Looks like the same is gonna happen for my virtual desktops application...

Geez programming is tough!:(

NEVER, EVER, give up...You will succeed. Just keep pluging at it.

whitesaint - i agree with the geek mon. keep plugging if it's something you enjoy. you'll get a success eventually. take these things as lessons learned. apply them and move on. and don't let the idiots at VT and elsewhere geet to you. seems like people around here are willing to give you advice. some of it's even worth listening to.

my guess, just from the scuttle butt i read, is that your latest project might be a good one but it isn't ready for prime time. certainly not for charging money for. switch the status to beta and continue on. igonore the naysayers and hang on to every bit of praise you get, no matter how small.

(and remember you can always just share with members of this community untill there is a majority saying thumbs up. we tend to weed out the people who call names but contribute nothing of their own;) )

Originally posted by whitesaint

I am monitoring you...

No, you just didn't understand my question. I was asking how programming the player is going. :D

Can someone help me and tell me what's so great about a command line MP3 player ? I think OSX was trying to get as far as possible from black screens with white monospaced font all over the place.

I mean, what's useful in a command line MP3 player in this century ?

I think its basically the fact that it would require very little system resources/processor power/ram/HD/etc.

I think I'll stick with iTunes though...

Originally posted by toast
Can someone help me and tell me what's so great about a command line MP3 player ? I think OSX was trying to get as far as possible from black screens with white monospaced font all over the place.

I mean, what's useful in a command line MP3 player in this century ?

A command line MP3 player would take up very little system resurces. As it is right now, iTunes takes up 14-20% of my CPU time to play music. When I had Linux PPC 2000 installed and ran XMMS (a WinAMP clone), XMMS only required 3-5% of my CPU time. That is a HUGE difference in CPU resources. I don't need to watch animated graphics in synch with the music, I just need to listen to the music with as little of teh system resources taken away a possible.

For what it's worth, Finder only takes between 2% and 6% on my system while playing MP3s using column view preview. Now if only I could get it to automatically play the next song in the list…

mpg123 has been ported by some other guys than Apex/macosx.forked.net, apex just offers a precompiled package. it's easy to compile oneself

well Virtual Desktops isnt gonna fail im gonna post a major update to it on versiontracker this tuesday. Also making it free :) Hopefully this update will be good enough to kick Codetek's POS Virtual Desktops back to Timbuktu where they came from.

Back