Domain name registrars: what's the best?

enom.com is nice, too. 30$ per year, but i'm very content with their services. and, oh, while checking i saw that they offer now more for the price, too. :)

Originally posted by fryke
enom.com is nice, too. 30$ per year, but i'm very content with their services. and, oh, while checking i saw that they offer now more for the price, too. :)

from enom.com:

"Note: you can't upload any code to this site. All code is generated by the Web Site Builder tool. "

Forget that!

probably doesn't apply to you, but dotster is the best for hosting multiple domains. 15 a year, and a great bulk management tool. The bank I work for has a couple hundred domains through them and about 140 just came up for renewal last month... it took me all of 5 minutes to renew them... last year at network solutions it took me 3 solid days, followed by another two or three weeks of problems where some were rejected and some weren't and basically a bunch of headaches and nightmares.

Hosting... again, probably not the best solution for you, but it works great for me for my development/hosting business... invite.net -- private server... complete root access... decent support (with root access, you don't need to contact support often)... an easy web based GUI to admin the server at server, site, and user levels (see www.ensim.com)....
The minimal account has 500 megs of storage on a 10K RPM SCSI drive (sure, you can get that much storage in a single user account in some places... but do you really believe there's actually 500 megs on that hard drive dedicated to your site?), 25 gigs of bandwidth, 6% guaranteed minimum processor availability, 196 megs guaranteed RAM availability...

671.52 a year or 69.95 a month... find 8 or 10 people who need hosting, and you've all got superior performance to any virtual host out there... at a comparable price... :)
Just watch the log files. They fill up space quickly if you're not careful. :)

Back