Dont Install Tiger ifm you Use Epson Products

Epson does not support Beta versions of OS's. Who know what the big companies change from beta to full release. If they were to make beta drivers then it would be time consuming and would confuse all other end-users. Always blame Epson, bla bla bla. OSX 10.0 and 10.1 had no imaging or scanning feature, who's that to blame. Always be and will an Epson customer and user despite what people say, you don't understand them. They make great products and tech support is great, never, never, never had a quarrel with them.

oceanh said:
My Epson 4180 scanner does not work with Tiger. As per the instructions in the reference guide, I uninstalled the software, disconnected the scanner, restarted, reinstalled the scannner software (including the updates from the Epson web site), then restarted again, and connected the scanner. I keep getting the message that "cannot connect to the scanner". Other applications, Adobe Elements and Photoshop, say "no scanner is installed". Anyone have any ideas? It works just fine with Panther.

i'm encountering the same problem as well. it was working fine on Mac OS X 10.4, until i applied the 10.4.1 update. to date, i have not yet found any an update for the Epson 4180 at Epson's support site. the current driver is still v2.65A. if you can hold off on using the scanner do that, otherwise, you may have to revert back to 10.4 until epson comes up with an update. for me, i will need to use my scanner in a couple of days, and if there is no driver update, then i'll have to deal with it by reverting to 10.4.

Support page for Epson 4180: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...V_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=41625&infoType=Overview

UPDATE: after checking to make sure that my cables were properly connected, my Epson 4180 is working again. embarrassingly, the solution to my problem is commonly overlooked. i simply forgot to reconnect the USB cable for the scanner after i had to disconnect it to free up the port for another device.

I installed Tiger last night, and my Epson 820 works fine. I also installed the driver for an Epson R1800, which only runs under OSX, and it also seemed fine, although I haven't printed anything on the R1800 yet. I'll report when I do.

John

Ack! LOL NOW I know why my Epson all in one (CX3200) won't work properly with Tiger. I scan a photo to use in e-mail but when I send the photo in e-mail, the receiver tells me the file is corrupted. So I sent one to myself and sure enough! It even crashed my Mac :-( I still use Classic on my iBook and can print/scan to an older Epson even thought it's running Tiger also. The drivers in ye old Chooser and no problems with that at least.

Thanks for posting this information. I thought I was losing my mind.

Carolyn :)

Me too. My Epson printer works perfectly.. No drivers to install.. it just worked!

may be just a matter of good luck!!!

Back