Dont Read This If You Want Tomorrow To Be A Surprise!!

...maybe this leaked information was intended.....

I mean, normally, nobody screws up like this! IF Apple would have given out a new iMac, wouldn't they make clear - I mean REALLY clear - that it has to be secret till after the keynote?

Maybe it was intended...

Originally posted by ulrik
...maybe this leaked information was intended.....

I mean, normally, nobody screws up like this! IF Apple would have given out a new iMac, wouldn't they make clear - I mean REALLY clear - that it has to be secret till after the keynote?

Maybe it was intended...

My take is that perhaps, because everyone was so certain that the Flat-panel iMac would be unveiled today, Apple decided to leak it to Time ahead of the keynote, perhaps expecting this vaguely negative reaction and giving people time to come to terms with it. Which means perhaps there's something else for the 'one last thing'.....?

I think the iMac is sweet. Here's my situation:

I have a pair of notebooks in the house that connect via 802.11b. I'm finding that I wish I had a server. (Or as Steve would call it, a digital hub) I need a better place to store things that are *very* important to me like pictures, video, and my code.

I considered getting something like this: http://www.snapserver.com/products/1000/index.asp , but c'mon. $800 for a hard drive? You can practically get a new computer for that. Also, sometimes I don't want to be on the couch with a laptop. When I'm working I need a desk and a real keyboard.

So, I might just pick up a new iMac. It will be a place for permanent storage and for doing things that require more consentration than macosx.com. :)

admiral... it was about 1:00 AM when I found out...

simX... I agree with you 100%... the iMac is BEAUTIFUL and it will definitely sell well... look at the specs for it already! i was going to pay over $6000 for a PowerMac like this, and the iMac has it all right there for a bit over $1899!!! apple has great vision and this is the epitomy of it...

now, i gotta go get my seat at the Keynote... CYA! :D

if it REALLY features a DVD-burner in the 1800.- Dollar model, it will sell better than anything else form Apple...

All my ranting was of course based on that single photo, and I'm relieved to see that the new iMac is much more than I imagined.

We all saw the leaked photo the night before, but was it a mistake? I read an article on ZDNet which you should all read and flame about a guy who was whining about Steve doing an exclusive interview with Time and I'm just wondering what reprocussions occured as result of that? Did Apple legal get a hold of them and slap their wrist or was that the plan all along?

I don't have the link to that article but go to www.macslash.com and its one of the featured stories.

Back