Don't Read This!!!

Why to post it then? For giving someone toady badly woken mod unit to give 0,25 more burnt calories by clicking on the 'delete' ? :)

Don't read this. HA! you read it. I know you did. You would have read it to be reading this...unless you skipped ahead for some reason.
tounge.jpg

Funny how human nature works. Just because you said not to read it, I had to see what it said.

It reminds me (although different) of when my teacher at college stood outside holding a sign with a large red arrow pointing up. Everyone that came by looked up into the sky. And even people who passed by two or three times, still looked every time.

One guy on his thrid pass was saying out loud "I will not look, I will not look" but sure enough his eyes drifted to the sky and he was looking. He yelled then laughed. Then asked my teacher "What in G#d's name am I supposed to look at?" She said.... "Nothing. Just a little test"

It was a really neat study!

Matthew

i guess i just find it hard to understand why a grown man would post something like this. I suppose we are now all aware of bobbyt. of course, i'm not convinced this ist he kind of attentio that is really wanted by someone around here. ;)

You and I both know that if he posted something like this, he was expecting this kind of attention. :p

It all depends on whether "this" refers to the whole sentence itself or not, or to the post... It could also refer simply to itself, like in: "Don't read 'this' !!!" So by reading the post included under the heading I wouldn't be ignoring your request, I just have not to read the last word of your heading.

---

The next sentence is false.

The previous sentence is true.

---

"appended to its own quotation yields an untruth" append to its own quotation yields an untruth.

---

Talking about meaninglessness:

Green dreams sleep furiously.

---

Nice thread on absurdities! This one can't miss:

'Twas brillig and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogroves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
(Carroll, L. "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the looking glass")

Heh...I like this stanza better:

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

(i just really like imagining a blade going snicker-snack. Heh)

Oh, and I didn't read this! Nope, not me! :D

Back