Doom 3

apocalypselat3r

Registered
I acquired a copy of Doom 3, it seems to work fine, until I open it. It opens for about less than 2 second, then closes. What is the problem.

I hope you mean you've _bought_ it. Else I'd say you illegally downloaded a bad copy. (And we don't want to help with those here. See board rules.) I'd ask the company selling it for support first.

One idea that springs to mind, since I've seen applications doing just that because of it: Is your harddrive formatted in the newest case sensitive HFS+ version? Some apps have problems with that. (Adobe's apps for example.)

What Mac do you have?
What are the specifications of said Mac?
What Mac OS version are you using?

The more infomration about your Mac you give us, the better we can help. ;)

And yes, what fryke said. Talk about illegally acquired software is a no-no here as per the admin's board rules. Sorry if that's the case.

I would assume the video card might be the culprit. The MacBook uses the Intel GMA graphics. I don't know what the minimum video chipset is in order to run DOOM 3. Check id software's site for details.

http://www.idsoftware.com

i had a similar problem. have you made sure that all the game files are in the applications directory? not just the Doom3.app?

there was a demo available somewhere. try downloading the demo and running it. If it runs, the full version should, unless your Doom3 media is bad...

Back