Doom II Windows CD

hypertron

Registered
I have the old Doom II windows game disc. Is there a Macintosh port/installer for Doom II? Please help :(
Any Thanks is appreciated

Hey there.

Do you have the old DOOM II IWAD on hand? (the main game WAD) If so, you can download an open source port for Doom 2 called DOOMSDAY.

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/

There is a forum there that can answer lots of questions. This port offers enhanced graphics etc. It's awesome!

Oh, and if you are a doom fanatic, let me know, and maybe we can play a coop or deatmatch game :D

nice, now is there any way to get multiplayer working? i think you jus need to update the wad file but i could be wrong..

I think as long as you have the same Doom 2 wad file types it should be fine. If you notice in Doomsday some multiplayer games fail to connect because the IWAD is named differently. I have yet to find someone with my same Doom 2 IWAD!

I have always wanted to play Doom 2 multiplayer, so this is awesome!

does any one know if its legal to share the WAD files?i no its legal to share a rom if the sytem is outdated and or is not made n e more. And then Id puts out the source code for everything.

It's not legal and things like that are not discussed here on macosx.com. ;) (Board rules.)

Yes, as fryke says it's still illegal. Even if the company abandons the product for years, they still remain property of the company. This is why you don't find ROMs for emulation applications as easily on the Internet anymore.

Back