Doom III first previewed in 2001?

wdw_

Rockee
I just downloaded this huge Doom III movie. Wasn't Doom III previewed at MacWorld Tokyo in 2001? They didn't call it Doom III though. I don't remember if they even gave us a title. I remember that that really nerdy looking guy from id came out and gave a demonstration of a new game they were developing. The guy kept talking about real shadows and extremely detailed characters.

All I know is that I some of the footage in the new Doom III video is the exact same as some of the footage from Macworld Tokyo 2001.

So does this mean Doom III is coming to the Mac?

That "really nerdy looking guy" happens to be John Carmack, the man who started the first person shooter revolution in gaming and who supports Macs better than almost any other multi-platform gaming company.

Yes, Doom III will be released for Macs at the same time it is released for Windows and Linux. Furthermore, the game editor will be included with the game, so Mac users can finally edit levels! No other gaming company is so generous to Mac users.

Personally, I find you to be a "really obnoxious sounding guy" who's mighty ignorant of the world around him. Next time try looking something up on the internet using a search engine, instead of insulting a great Mac developer and parading your ignorance around with pride.

Personally, I find you to be a "really obnoxious sounding guy" who's mighty ignorant of the world around him. Next time try looking something up on the internet using a search engine, instead of insulting a great Mac developer and parading your ignorance around with pride.

Well that was uncalled for. I smell a flamewar. DUCK AND COVER! :eek:

It's possible to like a nerdy guy isn't it? I mean, look at Bill Gates, everyone likes him and his products!

Even with stong competition from platforms like Linux and OS X, 90% or users stay with him because of that certain charisma he has.:D

Sorry. I knew his name I just couldn't recall it at the time. I didn't want to look it up because I was on a short break that was about to end.

I didn't know if it was coming to the mac or not. That's why I asked. All the video I had seen about Doom III kept using the words "PC Gaming" and never mentioned the Mac.

I mainly wanted to point out that E3 was not the first time Doom III had been demoed.

I don't want to start a war here. I hate when that kind of stuff happens in these forums.

Back