dot MAc question

jrbehm

Registered
I was looking to see if there was a better forum for dotMac questions, and will gladly go there if I should.

Meanwhile, my question centers around recent difficulties using Sync. I have it set for auto every day syncing from my desktop unit to .Mac, then I'll sync up the laptop with the .Mac info, especially calendars, etc. There remains nearly 500Mb of iDisk space, and I'm using a cable modem.

Lately I keep getting failed attempt notices or unbelievably long times required for the upload from the desktop unit. Nothing much has changed on it except the addition of a mini Stack from Newer Technologies and the addition of a Pantone Huey for calibrating my monitor. My cable modem is unchanged, I still use a router with ethernet connection for the desktop and airport card for the laptop.

This used to be such a quick operation. Now it goes on so long it times out or fails to load.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

I just purchased .Mac and I am fairly disappointed with it. I really only wanted synchronisation between an iBook and my desktop for iCal, mail and contacts. I was after a solution that could keep my calenders updated between the school where I work and home as I would often add appointments during the day(school doesn't have a broadband connection). It seems to take an age to sync up and I've been getting a lot of error messages too.

A quick rant - I've had .Mac for a few months. I am trying to upload some files to my idisk and the synching takes way too long - 25MB of zip files still loading after 45 minutes!! Maybe it's my connection, but downloads from other sites work very quickly.
It's really disappointing that I can't rely on my computer and the expensive service that I have paid for from Apple, to get some simple work done. The only info from Apple is more pitches to buy more software that seems to be "updated" way too frequently, or new hardware that seems to be exponentially more powerful every few weeks.

Back