Download 9.2?

It is very interesting....when i tried it, it kicked me to a OSX 10.0.3 update page...bummer, I was hoping for something really good....but I ran a search for 9.2 in Apple's support site and found a page with 9.2 compatability information on it...who knows...

if you do some intuitive searching around you can find the root page with all the OS updates and you will see that there is no "backdoor" or secret way to dl 9.2....just have to wait till they post it and announce it...

Is it just me, or has Apple completely changed everything useful about their support site? I can't even do searches on updates to download without a password/account anymore, but if I'm going to be looking for OS 9.2, I don't wan them tracking my every move. Grrr. The funky people have nothing better to do than write a bunch of cookies and java scripts that keep us from looking at stuff they put on the web out of their own choice:mad:.

It's a lot less bothersome to just nose around ftp.info.apple.com. It has anonymous access, so you can just barge right in and download whatever you want.

Here's another interesting reference to 9.2:

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-G4/PowerMacG4/aReferences/index.html

Notice that under Supplemental Reference Documents it is inferred that the new G4 will be loaded with 9.2. So has Apple ditched 9.2?

not ditches... hes sais 9.2 and then 9.2 isnt't it supposed to be 9.2 and then 9.1???

Originally posted by jtbowden
Here's another interesting reference to 9.2:

http://developer.apple.com/techpubs...osh_CPUs-G4/PowerMacG4/aReferences/index.html

Notice that under Supplemental Reference Documents it is inferred that the new G4 will be loaded with 9.2. So has Apple ditched 9.2?

The correct grammar is 'ditched'.

The answer to question is generally assumed by the mac community to be "no". We will see 9.2 comming. Apple has not said anything about keeping OS 9.1 at OS 9.1 and not updating it. And, it seems from the link that you provided, that MacOS 9.2 is scheduled to ship with the new PowerMacs. More interesting is that these PowerMacs are supposed to ship now and are described as comming with OS 9.2 which isn't even out as of now.

Maybe we will see it soon.

Looks like Apple plans to release 9.2 with 10.1. Perhaps it was planned that the G4 would also have 10.1 but plans fell short.

Look at:

http://www.macosx.org/5D15.html

Seems the prebuild even packages 9.2 with 10.1. But, I guess that still doesn't rule out the possibility that 9.2 would come first, or even be necessary for 10.1.

The link I referred to that began this thread has been removed by Apple. Another sign that Apple does not plan to release 9.2 as an update? Things seem to be leaning towards a 10.1/9.2 release if 9.2 is to be released at all. Although rumors have it that new iMacs are already shipping with 9.2.

I have tried the beta version before. But don't try the release version yet. It seems that it have improve a lot things like application crash and mouse freezing.

It is upgrade is better to buy a full version?

Back