download files to sd card

toering808

Registered
hi,

i was trying to download some music and video to my 256mb transflash sd card. i am unable to download the music and video tho. because the mac doesn't have an sd card port i was told to use a cameramate component, but was unsuccessful. i have been able to download files using a windows pc.

toering

What kind of camera do you have? Does it show on your mac desktop as a hard drive when you connect it with the USB cable? If not, you might need to change the setting on the camera, some have a 'USB config' menu, where you can select 'hard drive' or 'camera'. Use 'hard drive'. You should then be able to drag and drop or otherwise copy your files.

not all cameras will mount on the desktop. my kodack doesn't. but iphoto and image capture both see it and can dl the pics just fine. to be able to mount on the desktop, the manifacture of the camera has to build the camera so that it can be seen as a mass storage device, which not everyone does. but the best way to copy files to the card is with a mac compatible card reader/writer ( and yes they do make readers only, can copy off but not to).

Back