Downloading problem

yuki

Registered
Am using OS X.3.5 and for about a week I am having trouble downloading. Get a message that says (after I click a download button) something such as ‘page cannot be opened ..........plugin cannot be found’.

Have contacted my DSL service and my DSL lines are clean. They block nothing. I am still able to surf the web and do email. I have no seourity set other than my router and built in firewall.

This is so strange.

Any one know what could be causing this?

Well: What type of file does the link reveal? Something the browser expects a plugin for? Also, what browser and version are you using? Can you try creating another user on your Mac and see whether it also happens? From the articles I've read, there's no such 10.3.5-related problem, so I guess although it happened after you've installed it, it has nothing to do with it...

fryke said:
Well: What type of file does the link reveal? Something the browser expects a plugin for? Also, what browser and version are you using? Can you try creating another user on your Mac and see whether it also happens? From the articles I've read, there's no such 10.3.5-related problem, so I guess although it happened after you've installed it, it has nothing to do with it...

The file goes back to the page that the download button was on.

I did create a new user and that seems to be the solution — no d/l problem. Now how do I transfer settings such as bookmarks and addresses into my new login?

Thanks for finding a solution

Back