dreamweaver and browser preview

bella

Namaste
This is a new problem that I'm experiencing.... when I update a file and I want to view in the browser it connects to the server then brings me to a page that says not found. How come this happens? In the past all I had to do was preview in browser then make changes from that. Help!

bella said:
This is a new problem that I'm experiencing.... when I update a file and I want to view in the browser it connects to the server then brings me to a page that says not found. How come this happens? In the past all I had to do was preview in browser then make changes from that. Help!

Have you checked your server settings (test server) are correct in the Site Management window?

I checked the testing server and everything is correct. I am able to upload files, it's just when I want to preview before I upload that I am having difficulty. Thanks

I have a similar problem.

When previewing pages, IE for Mac works fine, Safari does to a point but is very dodgy with CSS. Camino and Firefox throw a wobbly and don't bother.

It can be quite frustrating.

I also had a similar problem for a while. If I remember correctly it was only occurring whilst trying to test dynamic pages such as PHP. I remember I was off-line at the time and once I re-connected everything seemed to work fine. This only happened once or twice though.

Ian
---------
http://www.hititstudios.com

Back