Dreamweaver CS4 FTP Connection Problem

cedarbear

Registered
I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.5 on a Macbook Pro Core Duo, 2 meg RAM.

Dreamweaver CS4 installed just fine, and starts up just fine, linking to the web site home folder on my computer just fine. Problem is when I attempt to connect to Host I get the following message:

An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. Dreamweaver cannot connect to host "ftp-dom.earthlink.net". This may be due to one or more of the following reasons:...

I've made all the adjustments and corrections suggested thereafter in the error window, but to no avail. I've even did a clean install of the software, and have also did a complete wipe of my hard drive and reloaded all system software and application software from scratch, and still the same problem. The Adobe site's information and links to forums dealing with this problem have been no help whatsoever.

My connection is through a DSL protocol, both hard wired (via Ethernet) and wireless, depending on where I'm located. Have no problems with other internet related connections with other software that accesses the internet.

My Dreamweaver 8 application, on the same computer, loads up just fine and connects to the host just fine with no FTP errors whatsoever to which I'm able to do any updates, work on the site, etc, with no problem, whether I'm connected via a hard wire Ethernet connection or via a wireless connection.

The problem appears to squarely set with Dreamweaver CS4 itself. I also had the same exact problem with Dreamweaver CS3, and got so frustrated I simply dispensed with working any further with the CS3 version and have continued using Dreamweaver 8 as a result. I really need to make the change to CS4 now as my business needs are closer to requiring its use.

HELP!

turned off the "Passive" ftp and still get the same response stating that connection can't go through, possibly because of permissions.

I had the same problem, tried passivity, tried IP address, tried looking for the ssh_host file, and what finally worked for me was changing my rules on Little Snitch. I allowed it to connections to my website.

An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host.

It happens with cs4 dreamweaver and contribute. Not a mac osX issue, not an ip or firewall issue. It seems to be an adobe progam issue. I wonder if downloading the latest version would do the trick? 10.0 is tearing my hair out!

Thanks for the reply but its not the config.

I just downloaded an updated trial of the Dreamweaver for Mac and it worked fine.

So its the original 10.0 that doesn't work. Hmm only thing is I'm using a cracked version, so unless I can get a new serial, looks like I won't be able to use it for long.

Bummer.

Back